My Grown-Ups Children’s Book Launch
Hummingbird Humanity videos now with captioning.
In this episode, Brian, Kate, and Sarah discuss. . .
- Join us for the launch day of the Children’s book, My Grown-Ups
- Learn about how My-Grown Ups came to be for both Kate (author) and Sarah (illustrator)
- Listen to Kate read the book!
- How inspiration strikes for both artists
- Kate and Sarah’s hope for the message and future of the story
Born in Bangor, Maine, Kate Costigan spent the first six years of her life creating memories with her family in the New England states. When her mother passed away, she moved to Florida, where the makeup of her “grown-ups” changed dramatically. Kate’s teachers became her heroes and inspired her to become an educator. The stories she shares are reflections of her personal experiences as well as those she has witnessed in her nineteen years as a teacher. Kate hopes to help children around the world see that differences can and should be celebrated and that kindness is a universal language.
Sarah K. Turner is a member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators and a 2019 graduate of the Northwest College of Art and Design. She currently lives and works in the Greater Seattle Area. She has always enjoyed telling stories and making people laugh through her art. Her biggest goal is to spread love, acceptance, and positivity through her work.